The M.V. Kangaroo Explorer is a 26 metre long liveaboard specifically designed for cruising around Cairns Great Barrier Reef.
MV Kangaroo Explorer dive boat review
MV Kangaroo Explorer was originally built in 1991 and was restored in 1996. This liveaboard has 16 fully carpeted air-conditioned cabins, taking around 36 passengers onboard. Each room has its on en-suite bathroom. With visits from Cairns to some of the finest Great Barrier Reef dive sites such as Moore, Milln, Briggs, Elford and Thetford reefs as well as porthole, this will be sure not to disappoint!
You can check the availability and prices for this Boat here.
The top deck offers an enclosed air-conditioned sun lounge as well as an open and shaded sundeck. If you want to have some quiet time, you can spend it in the library situated in the sun lounge.
There is a saloon on the main deck with wifi internet ready for you to connect online and a well stocked fully licensed bar. Delicious Australian and international meals come from fresh ingredients cooked by the resident chef all served buffet-style.
On board facilities and services:
- Motorized dinghy
- 32m² dive deck
- 12m² dive platform
- Separate rinse tank for cameras
- 51m² air-conditioned saloon with TV, DVD, sound system
- Satellite phone (AU$2/min)
- Movies and library, games and magazines, Fish ID and diving books
Watch this video and see how it is to do liveaboard diving with MV Kangaroo Explorer.
Budget Range/Rate: Starts at US$ 533 (2 nights tour), US$ 658 (3 nights tour) and US$ 783 (4 nights tour)
Where does this liveaboard dive boat go?
Check out the fabulous places where this dive boat travels to.
Note: some destinations may not be listed below, please enquire for more details.
Excellent Diving and liveaboard destination. Amazing spot for Big fishes, Sharks, superb coral and underwater photography. Most popular place in the World to learn scuba diving in Cairns. One of the best dive sites in the World with the Yongala Wreck!
- If you have been diving on board this liveaboard dive boat in Cairns & Great Barrier Reef, please share your review and let us know what you thought. Please post your comments in the review section below, by doing so you will help fellow divers to plan their next diving trip .