In this page you will find practical information to plan a scuba diving trip to Anilao, Batangas:
Table of contents
Anilao, Batangas PhotosSee all Photos Anilao is a resort destination popular on the weekends as a relaxing getaway for people from Manila. Over the last decade it has also become a famous and popular diving destination in the Philippines, and for good reason. Anilao offers the best Macro Underwater Photography opportunities in the Philippines and is also one of the best places in the World to observe rare Critters and other strange small underwater creatures.
Where to stay?
Accommodation in Anilao is mostly high class diving resorts. It is not really a destination if you are looking for cheap, basic accommodation.
Photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jlgavino/4811878231/
Activities and excursions in Anilao, Batangas
Anilao is primarily a diving destination and a place to relax in the resorts on the weekends for people living in Manila. In Anilao, the beaches are rocky and it is not possible to swim there. For the non divers, there are other activities such as:
- Try Windsurfing or Jet Skiing
- Go on a day trip for Island Hopping
- Go on a Snorkelling day tour or just in front of your resort
- Enjoy a spa and a massage in your resort
- Visit the Lake Taal
- Hike on the superb Volcano
Lowest Price Guarantee: if you can beat our price, we will pay you twice the difference!
Best time to visit Anilao, Batangas
- The dry Season runs from November to May
- The rainy season is from June to September/October. In July, August and September there is also the risk of Typhoons.
- The hottest month is May and the coldest is February resulting in water temperature being around 24°C.
Health and SafetyIf you are planning an upcoming dive trip or travelling to Anilao, Batangas, it is a really good idea to invest in travel insurance, because you never know what could happen and when you might need it (because accidents do happen!). I recommend this travel insurance as they offer worldwide coverage and cover all of those “risky” activities (Diving, Trekking, Surfing, Snorkelling, etc.).
Where is Anilao, Batangas located in the world?
Anilao is located in the Batangas Province on Luzon Island. It is only 140km from Manila, making this area a popular weekend destination for people living in there.
See the map below.
How to get to Anilao, Batangas?
- It takes about 3 hours to drive there from Manila depending on the traffic.
- If you don’t have a car, you can take the bus to Batangas from the Buendia Terminal. After stopping in Mabini, you can reach your resort by jeepney in 20min.
- If you arrive from abroad you can ask your dive resort to come pick you up at Manila Airport.
- If you are already in Puerto Galera, you can also reach Anilao by speed boat in 60min.
For short trips, it best is to go by Tricycles. If you want to visit the surrounding Batangas area, the best way is to rent a car with a driver for a day trip. Otherwise you can use the jeepneys that follow a fixed route.
You will find all information about sea life, best time to visit, top dive spots, etc. in our review: Anilao, Batangas Diving