Tambora dive boat review
The Tambora departs and ends its liveaboard tour to Sorong. Unlike many other vessels, the Tambora has been designed and built especially with SCUBA divers in mind! It is designed to offer great comfort, reliability and is optimally aimed to support safe, convenient and efficient dive journeys.
The Tambora’s on board Chef makes sure that five meals are served per day, which will await their guests when they surface after diving! Indonesian, European and Japanese specialties are all freshly prepared.
You can check the availability and prices for this boat here.
Tambora yacht on board facilities and service:
- A large room on the upper deck has been custom-built and outfitted as a full dive station, divided up into two separate sections.
- Large dive platform
- Personal dive baskets for all guests
- Two large rinsing tanks
- Complete range of AquaLung, UWATEC, Underwater Kinetics dive gear available for rental
- Filling station and storage for dive tanks
- Large desktop area as work space
- Large number of power sockets
- Spacious guest suites
- Three separate lounge decks
- Large salon with separate dining and relaxing sections
Tambora Boat Budget Range / Price: Starts at US$ 4,075 for a 10 night tour.
“I wouldn’t think twice to hop again on Tambora if given with another chance. It was a privilege to be with a great diving team and management. Tambora is fabulously designed for divers. They definitely had the necessary things that I need, more than enough to survive a trip on the beautiful and splendid islands of Raja Ampat. The air-conditioned cabins come with twin beds or double beds equipped with hot and cold shower. They were well-kept and the bed sheets were comfy and inviting. However, I wish that they could do something to improve their camera room located near the rear part of the boat. It was very hot in that room. I was profusely sweating inside. There was not even a fan to help me cool down a bit.
During my 10 days trip, I got to meet Uwe, the free-spoken and well-versed man. It’s nice to cruise with the owner himself. I admire his contagious enthusiasm and passion for diving in Indonesia. He was always on the lookout to find new dive spots to make our diving adventure more fun! I also applaud his intentions to make Tambora much better and raise the bar higher for liveaboard diving. Our diving guides did their job very well. They were fun and awesome to be with. Thanks to the cool dive guides, who encouraged and inspired me to complete my dives. They were very patient with us and shared a lot of info regarding the dive sites and diverse marine life in Raja Ampat. We felt very comfortable and safe while on board Tambora. The boat was spacious for everyone. Speaking of food, I would proudly say that Tambora has one of the best cooks in the liveaboard industry! I enjoyed devouring the varied delish and mouth-watering Indonesian and Western dishes served. Well done, guys!”
Where does this liveaboard dive boat go?
Check out the fabulous places where this dive boat travels to.
Note: some destinations may not be listed below, please enquire for more details.
- If you have been diving on board this liveaboard dive boat in Raja Ampat, please share your review and let us know what you thought. Please post your comments in the review section below, by doing so you will help fellow divers to plan their next diving trip .