MV Pelagian dive boat review
The sleek looking MV Pelagian is owned and operated by Wakatobi. The company claim to offer and pioneering concept in luxury eco-tourism. They offer high-end luxurious service combined with reef conservation programmes and a pro-conservation philosophy. MV Pelagian is their purpose designed diving vessel taking you to the pristine reefs.
Wakatobi is one of the ultimate locations on the planet with regard to climate, ocean topography, marine biodiversity. And, Wakatobi is privately owned and is presently one of the largest privately owned marine reserves on the planet.
Diving on these amazing reefs you’re likely to find unique marine life; otherworldly looking critters for macro hunters. Or for those seeking bigger life, there are drift dives where you can ride along and see larger pelagic life. There is something for everyone whether you’re a photographer or a diver. And, with 50 dive sites within a short distance of the main resort, it’s a diver’s playground!
The Pelagian is a truly breathtaking dive vessel where no expense has been spared. Originally built in 1965 she has been through a continued evolution to keep her in line with modern standards. Pelagian is 36m long and just over 7m in beam. Her twin 500hp Yanmar motors allow her to cruise at 11 knots with ease. She also has every modern safety and emergency device required to cover any eventuality; from radar to oxygen and a first-aid trained crew – you’re assured a safe voyage.
You can check the availability and prices for this Boat here.
Cabins and Boat Layout
Pelagian caters to small groups, despite her ample size. All cabins are roomy and well appointed for the 10-12 lucky guests:
- Standard Cabin – located next to the camera room. This elegantly furnished cabin has twin single beds, ensuite bathroom and is air-conditioned for comfort.
- Deluxe Cabin – slightly more spacious, this cabin is either twin or double occupancy with one double and one single berth. It also has an ensuite facility and is air-conditioned.
- Superlux Cabin – there are two Superlux cabins which are luxuriously fitted and have a ‘spa-like’ atmosphere. With an occupancy of up to 3 people it has a queen-sized double bed and single bed. Other facilities as above.
- Master Suite – the amazing cabin spans the full beam of the vessel. It has a king-sized bed, TV/Blu-ray player, sofa and ensuite with a ‘rainforest shower’.
The luxurious vibe continues outside the cabins. The onboard chef aims to excite your tastebuds daily with daily à la carte menus for lunch and dinner comprising Indonesian specialties along with more traditional western dishes. Eat inside or, alternatively, take advantage of the outdoor dining area and let the Indonesian vista compliment your meal.
The salon area offers home-from-home comfort. The salon is air-conditioned and has comfortable seating areas and a flat-screen entertainment system where you can relax and watch a film. Here you can also grab a drink or munch on a cookie – both of which are available 24hrs a day.
The vessel features a dedicated and spacious camera room where you can prepare you gadgets and housings pre-dive. And, on the upper deck, is the shaded seating area and sun-deck where you can relax.
Diving onboard Pelagian
The diving facilties are excellent and there is a helpful and professional staff always on hand to assist with any logistical concerns.
The vessel is snorkeler, air, nitrox, technical and rebreather/CCR friendly. All the bases are covered depending on your ability and experience – please specify at booking.
Two large 50hp diving RIBs are available to drop and pick you up at the optimum point on the dive site.
Pelagian usually offers 8 day/7 night itineraries. Dive site selection is obviously subject to the prevailing conditions.
Expect to pay around EUR1,974 for a 8 day trip. This equates to 246/day, making her competitive for region. Please note that this does not include some extras such as nitrox, alcoholic drinks and equipment rental. Please contact us for further details.You can click here to check availability and prices for this boat
Where does this liveaboard dive boat go?
Check out the fabulous places where this dive boat travels to.
Note: some destinations may not be listed below, please enquire for more details.
Diving in Indonesia will suit every diver's hopes and desires. In a land of opportunity, dive spots range from those suited to beginner divers wishing to learn in perfect easy conditions to unexplored dive sites with fierce currents for those more experienced divers looking for a challenge.
- If you have been diving on board this liveaboard dive boat in Indonesia & Wakatobi, please share your review and let us know what you thought. Please post your comments in the review section below, by doing so you will help fellow divers to plan their next diving trip .