MV Flying Seahorse dive boat review
The 24 meters Flying Seahorse is a liveaboard operating on the Andaman Sea, Thailand. Indeed, the newly renovated (2015) dive boat offers scuba scuba diving cruises departing from the Koh Lanta area. Itineraries include the famous Hin Daeng & Muang, the Similan Islands, Richelieu Rock, etc.
Boat Cabins & Layout
The MV Flying Seahorse can welcome a maximum of 17 divers. Indeed, with 6 cabins of various layouts and plenty of communal areas on-board, there’s plenty of space for everyone. The cabins are either double, triple or quad shared, as follow:
- 2 cabins feature a double-bed, with individually controlled A/C and shared bathroom.
- 1 family cabin, featuring a king-size bed and a twin-bed, A/C and shared bathroom.
- 1 Master Cabin, extra space, A/C and en-suite bathroom.
- 2 quadruple occupancy cabins, bunk beds, A/C, shared bathroom.
You can check the availability and prices for liveaboards in Thailand here.
Flying Seahorse’s On-board Facilities
The upper deck is the main communal area on the dive boat. Indeed, that’s where everybody gathers to hang out, eat freshly prepared food or have a coffee. You can also use the modern TV and sound system equipment to watch something or work on your latest underwater footage.
Moreover, the top deck is a partially covered sundeck, ideal spot to admire the beautiful views of Thailand!
The Flying Seahorse can be compared either in size or number of guests, with a few liveaboards. Indeed, the Similan Explorer and some of the Manta Queen boats, like the Manta Queen 6, are quite similar. The Flying Seahorse stands out as it offers a larger array of itineraries, including the islands and dive spots closer to Koh Lanta.
Scuba Diving with the Flying Seahorse
The Flying Seahorse proudly boast to have the best scuba diving crew on the Andaman Sea. They have a team of professional dive guides and instructors as well as a boat crew that’s always willing to help. Moreover, the spacious dive deck and platform provide ample space to gear up without ever feeling cramped. The ease of access to the water or dive tender will sure please you. Plus, fresh water showers are located right on the platform for your convenience.
Please visit the vessel’s webpage to view schedule & prices.
Where does this liveaboard dive boat go?
Check out the fabulous places where this dive boat travels to.
Note: some destinations may not be listed below, please enquire for more details.
- If you have been diving on board this liveaboard dive boat in Koh Lanta & Similan Islands & Thailand, please share your review and let us know what you thought. Please post your comments in the review section below, by doing so you will help fellow divers to plan their next diving trip .